So, what exactly are raised beds? On a practical level they are permanent structures which can be filled with soil, decorative gravel or pebbles. On another level they are a creative and innovative solutions to problems in your garden.
- Raised beds allow you to enjoy your garden for longer
- You’ve always been a keen gardener, and the spirit is willing, but getting up and down isn’t as easy as it used to be. Spending long periods on your knees is punishing, and you don’t want to risk putting our back out again, either.
- When you can’t get down to the garden, raised beds will bring the garden up to you. By removing some of the physical strain, you can enjoy gardening for longer.
- Raised beds can be a game-changing feature for your garden
- You’ve worked hard all your life, and while you love socialising with friends and family, living life hasn’t left much time for gardening. Your garden may be serviceable, but it’s boring.
- Focal points are used in garden design to draw the eye and generate interest and raised beds can be a small addition that have a huge impact. They can be constructed in unusual shapes to suit your garden. They can be made from dry-stone for a rustic look, or block-work and cladding for a luxurious, contemporary feel. They can be filled with soil and planted, or glass beads or pebbles for low maintenance. They can even have seats built in to double as unique benches. When it comes to raised beds, you are only limited by your imagination.
- Raised beds can allow you to do more with your garden
- So, your garden is on a hill, and you would love a level lawn for the children to play on. A terraced garden would look beautiful, but you still have the question of how to retain the soil. Worse still, the slope is retaining your neighbour’s garden, and if you remove too much earth their garden could collapse!
- Raised beds can be built into a sleeper wall as a clever way of making a feature out of what is essentially a practical solution.
Whatever issues your garden has, when you decide to go ahead with raised beds, make sure you find a reputable contractor who has experience of creating and crafting innovative and durable structures to suit all needs. Maybe even consult with a garden designer to ensure the features are used to the best possible advantage in your garden.
T Jefford Landscaping has been providing outstanding garden solutions for 13 years. We even have our own in-house designer who can provide 3D images and work with you to help turn your ideas into reality.