Alasdair is our in-house Garden Designer. He has a background in horticulture and will bring his creative flair to bespoke transformations, generating designs tailored to your aspirations, requirements and budget, whether that’s to attract wildlife, throw extravagant parties or have a play area for the kids.
How you want your garden will depend on your preferences, lifestyle and the environment in the garden. However your plans might include new paving or patios, linking pathways, new turf or artificial grass, fencing, pergolas or planting. Our in-house designer and specialist teams can create anything you wish and provide expert advice and guidance too.
How to get started
- The best start is to do your own research, both on and off-line, to get an idea of the sort of gardens you like.
- Explore our gallery and the product options within our budget checker and submit your requirements. You will receive an e-mail advising of starting budget expectations and offering a telephone consultation.
- During the call we will discuss the work in more detail and arrange a face-to-face consultation meeting with our garden designer.
- The meeting will be at the proposed work site. We recommend you schedule about 2 hours for this appointment.
- Within 2-3 weeks we will provide an accurate quote and illustrative sketch for the works. We may go backwards and forwards with you a few times at this stage. It’s very important to us that you love the finished product, and therefore we spend extra time making sure we get it right at the proposal / design stage.
What to expect
- When you are ready to go ahead, we will send out an agreement for the works. A deposit of 25% of the overall costs will be required to secure your place in the queue. For works lasting longer than 4 weeks we may discuss a staged payment structure.
- You will be provided with an approximate date range for the works.
- In the weeks leading up to the start date, you can expect communications from our project manager, additional meetings with our designer and construction leads, discussions regarding materials and a firming up of dates.
- Once work commences, we will communicate with you regularly to ensure the job goes smoothly and to your requirements.
- Once the job is finished we will hold a quality check / sign-off meeting with you prior to invoicing, to pick up on any final queries and provide recommendations for your new garden.
“We thoroughly recommend Jeffords. They did a fantastic job of creating our Japanese garden and follow it up with regular maintenance. The main reason they are in a class above the other landscapers we contacted was the vision and creativity of their designer. They are also all very pleasant people to deal with and have a great team.”
Philip & Joyce, Durham City
All of our representatives are friendly and knowledgeable. At our heart we are a family business and like to develop long-term, friendly relationships with all our customers.